I read in a women's magazine article recently an article about "work-life balance" which slammed the "insidious vogue" for stories about people who've left their jobs in the city and gone "to farm sheep or spent a year trekking in the Annapurnas, or meditating in Nepal, illustrated by photographs of smug individuals wearing questionable footwear."That's over the top, I thought.. what a stereotyped picture of Nepal, trekkers and the Annapurnas! The writer went on to say that the only "profound psychological way" of checking your life balance is to "imagine yourself at 80, looking back on your life and.... trying to conjure up what decisions and compromises you might regret." Well, that's a relief, I thought, I'm going to Nepal precisely because I want to see and live there at least once more before I die. Melancholy, but true.

2 comments:
I don't find your reason melancholy. I find it uplifting to hear that you've got the will and the way to do something that you really want to do.
Your blog looks fab! Love the pix and the colours. And that silly magazine writer is JUST JEALOUS of people who have adventurous sprits. Hope all goes well as you prepare for lift off!
Post a Comment